Monday, June 17, 2013

What is the medical term for arthritis causing pain in the head, similar to hypertension symptoms?

Q. I usually have pain in my nape up to the head but my blood pressure is just above normal. The doctor ruled out hypertension. Arthritis is suspected somewhere in the spine. Is this possible? Any cure suggestions?

A. Information on arthritis,home remedies and treatment is available at http://tinyurl.com/z5vx5

What is the exactly causes arthritis and what is the definition?
Q. ( i kno google is my friend i want a simpler def. cuz i dont want scientific answers-its for a 7th grade mid term sience pro.

A. Arthritis, like many medical terms, is a simple combination of two greek or latin roots "arthro" meaning joint-related and "itis" meaning inflammation. Arthr-itis: joint inflammation.

As to what causes it, stupid quiestion. Your five minute google search should have at least told you that there are different types of arthritis with different causes. In general though, it's autoimmune disease and wear-and-tear.

fyi, google does not filter it's content to be maximally confusing. All the information I just gave you is available and about equally easy to understand on wikipedia.

What are the signs of arthritis and is it preventable?
Q. I had a serious wreck 10yrs ago and fractured my hip in several places and had to have major surgery. The doctor told me that I would be more suceptable to arthritis. I am now 32 and have been having for the last few yrs or so pain in my arms and legs but only at night when I am trying to sleep. Could this be the onset of arthritis? What are the signs? Thanks!

A. One of the signs of arthritis is when one has pain when they know the weather is going to change such as when it rains. Stiffness such as during cold weather can also be a symptom of arthritis. Some people notice their pain worse during the day and others at night too. This can often tie in to the weather as well. Sometimes swelling and redness can be symptoms of arthritis.

As to how to prevent it once it starts the only thing that can be done is to minimize the amount of pain thru medication and other forms of treatment and sometimes exercise.

Sometimes pain in the muscles can be a sign of arthritis too. When I first started out I didn't have the classic symptoms of arthritis. My problem was muscle pain in my thigh area. Whenever my arthritis acts up and I know it's going to be a bad flare I will often feel it in my thigh first and one way I'll know it is when I start to feel a burning sensation in that area and then the pain comes next.

To learn even more about arthritis please check out: http://www.arthritis.about.com and http://www.osteoarthritis.about.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment