Thursday, June 6, 2013

How much cholesterol should the average person allow in their diet a day?

Q. Also my Cholesterol is 225, does that mean I should have less than the average person? How much is the right amount?
They did not tell me what my good cholesterol vs my bad cholesterol is but im concerned with how much intake I should allow.

A. Hi MaggieMay,

Itâs currently recommended, for individuals with normal cholesterol levels, to limit dietary cholesterol intake to 300 mg or less daily. If you have high LDL cholesterol, the current recommendations are to limit dietary cholesterol to 200 mg or less per day.

All the best,
Lisa Nelson RD
http://www.lisanelsonrd.com

When does cholesterol synthesis occurs during the night, or whenever one goes to sleeps?
Q. -Statins are suggested to be taken at night when cholesterol synthesis occurs most. But does this process occurs during the daytime as well, when certain individuals goes to sleep (such as those with overnight working schedules), or does synthesis occur when there is very little or no sunlight present?

A. Where do I ask a question?

I have high cholesterol, and need to eat Oatmeal. What are some easy recipes?
Q. I can't just eat a bowl of Oatmeal! I never liked the mushy consistentcy. Anybody know any good recipes?
I can't even eat instant oatmeal! I am looking for some recipes that use oatmeal. Like some kind of oatmeal bars, or something simular!

A. Have you tried baked oatmeal? It's a little firmer.
INGREDIENTS

* 3 cups rolled oats
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup milk
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup melted butter
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup dried cranberries


DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in dried cranberries. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment