Friday, June 14, 2013

How much cholesterol would be in a ostrich egg?

Q. Actually, you can eat ostrich eggs. Eggs are eggs. Just to let you know.

A. An ostrich egg is supposed to be equal to 2 dozen chicken eggs. That would mean 2520 grams of cholesterol.

How much Cholesterol should you be taking in every day?
Q. I started reading food labels, and I noticed there's a line called Cholesterol with a number in mg's. How many mg's or what is the total amount of cholesterol per day that is recommended for a 20 something female? Thanks.

A. Officially, experts say you shouldn't have over 300mg (based on a 2,000 calorie diet). I tend to think that's a little high and try to not go over half that. It really depends on your age and activity level. Maybe the link below will help a little more.

How much cholesterol is in egg whites as opposed to the yolks?
Q. One of my co-workers told me that there are equal amounts of cholesterol in both the white and the yolk.

I told her that wasn't true because the yolk is what has all the calories, fat, and cholesterol in it, so I'm doing a good thing by eating egg white omelettes, as opposed to regular ones that include the yolk.

Or am I? Who's right?

A. Your coworker is an idiot. There is zero cholesterol in the white.

But the yolk has good stuff, too, like iron and omega fatty acids, so don't skip it all the time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment