Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What is the most popular and highly reviewed supplement for Gout Arthritis?

Q. My grandmother suffers from intense gouty arthritis and has been hospitalized numerous times in the previous years. Other than changing her diet and excercise, are there any highly renowned supplements that have had alot of positive reviews? Cherry supplements seem to be popular but I cant seem to find any that encompass a variety of natural herbs. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

A. Oh, I'm sorry to hear about that. There are a few things that help with Uric Acid (the main culprit that causes Gout) and the most effective one I've seen is cherries. It seems too simple, but cherries naturally help the body metabolize Uric Acid quickly and efficiently (often giving relief in as little as a few days).

Of course, there's also the good points of avoiding rich foods that cause a surge in the Uric Acid, too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gout#Primary_gout has a pretty good list including protein, sugar, fats, alcohol, etc.
Good luck to you both!

How can I get rid of soreness from gout?
Q. I have been suffering from painful gout in my knee that has migrated down to my ankle for about a month now. I've tried strawberries, and I am currently drinking cherry juice in hopes of getting rid of this. I'd rather not deal with the side effects of prescription remedies that have been suggested to me. I am a 51-year old male and I currently weigh more than the recommended weight for my height.

A. Hi, 38yr old male battling gout for 13yrs, doc says hereditary mainly. Two BLT's in a day and I'm on the sickening med's the next day...colchricine. You name the med I've been on it. Once the crystal's settle in aparticular area, the damage is done. NSAIDS are your best bet for pain, my attacks are usually severe enough for injections of Torodol & Decadron at the doc's office. As far as natural remediess, I've found dark cherry extract {capsules only} works. Juice has too many unwanted calories and sugars. Allopurinol should be taken daily, perscribed by doctor. I'm up to 900mg a day to maintain a 5-6 uric acid count. Be warned continous gout attacks can cause lumps of tissue forming on your elbows, knees , ankles, and anywhere else it decides to go. I don't know how serious your attacks are, but I don't know of anyone who has it as bad as I do. My worse case scenario, I had to have my left knee operated on to remove a painful bursitis on the kneecap. 13 staples north to south. If I can be of any assistance let me know. Jeffrey

What will happen if Gout is left untreated? Or if the person with gout does not stop their alcohol intake?
Q. They are on an acute gout medication for the onset of a flair up but refuses to stop drinking.

A. The medication should help stop the gout attack. The alcohol causes the body to produce more uric acid. This makes it harder for the gout medication to work.

The alcohol consumption in most people will make the gout attacks more frequent.

Rusty

While it is best if they limit their drinking to no more than one drink a day, some people just are not going to do this. There is still plenty they can do to control their gout. Here is a link to more gout information.
http://arthritis-symptom.com/Gout-Symptoms/index.htm

Here is an article about some foods that can help prevent gout attacks.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/348741/get_out_the_gout.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment