Monday, July 15, 2013

I suffer from Gout ! Does anyone have a list of all the foodstuffs I should avoid which contain purine Thanks?

Q. I do not wish to go to my doctors and down the pill-popping road as I know to my regret what side effects can do to a person. I am also very old and cannot afford to buy all the pricey cures on sale on the internet.Thank you all so much for your help.

A. Patients with few episodes do not need to be on any regular medication. There are no cures at all, and I do wonder why you consider trawling the internet rather than chatting to your GP and why you think anything you might buy there is likely to be safer and more likely to work that proven and tested conventional therapy.


This diet sheet from the UK Gout Society may help, but it does not of course guarantee that you still will not have attacks.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:On_L2oralDgJ:www.ukgoutsociety.org/docs/diet_factsheet.pdf+purine+containing+foods&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjr8fUK0r_IgcKgk6UODy8WtxntRoYSHtIBaKvZBmD1vM9mxMwhnjGQeeakAGAjQ5nUiBCd0aegSNAOOycfoVTZmdjW8N2dpB9R9YIthljAopTdaO9mGVokGF3d9DqTLpzlXPiQ&sig=AHIEtbTltArAiKqof4LOjHcR33Dhthpeew

Is it true that liquorice is bad for people with gout?
Q. Sure I read somewhere that liquorice is bad for people who suffer from attacks of gout?
Trying to find out if the liquorice makes gout worse not as a remedy. Answers to this question are the opposite.

A. Licorice is sometimes used for osteoarthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), liver disorders, malaria, tuberculosis, food poisoning, and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).

Licorice interacts with many prescription medicines. Talk to your healthcare provider if you plan to start using licorice.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment