Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What are the general symptoms of cholesterol and blood pressure and diabetes?

Q. I mean to ask how do we find out if one is suffering from cholesterol, diabetes and blood pressure without checking blood samples?

A. high blood pressure tends to give you violent headaches. diabetes makes you thirsty and you drink large ammounts of fluid, you can also have swelling of the hands and feet, itchy skin and so on, here in the united states many drug stores have free to use blood pressure meters.

How do I get my cholesterol and triglycerides down?
Q. I am 42 yrs old and my heart doctors nurse called me the other day to tell me to start taking a daily fish oil capsule and he would re check my lipid profile in 3 months. It all sounds kinda vague to me. I do not have a clue how to read the fat/polyunsaturated/cholesterol part of a food label. I would appreciate suggestions.
I am not stupid, but never had to think about this kind of stuff before.

A. Aren't you on any choloresterol medication?
That will decrease the numbers somewhat..... geez, I'm on vytorin; it does help some, but you have to eat properly and exercise or so my doctor says......checking food labels is not that hard.......you'll be surprised as to what is actually in your products.

Hope this website will be helpful...

Good and Bad Cholesterol?
http://cholesterol-faq.org/types.html?utm_source=enh&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=bad+cholesterol&utm_campaign=types

Fish Oil
http://www.fish-oil-facts.com/

How do I get my good cholesterol level to come up?
Q. I got my bad cholesterol numbers down to safe levels but I do not know what to do to get the good numbers up.

A. Good oils & fats. Coconut oil is great. Absolutely avoid trans-fats (hydrogenated, partially hydrogenated oil) this stuff really is poisen (and it hangs around in your body for about 3 months). Check your labels, cut back on fried and processed foods.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment